Infection control has always been a top priority for Banner Dental as you have experienced during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are such that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable for both patients and staff.
We would like to share information related to the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Banner Dental follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We constantly monitor activities of these agencies ensuring that our team is up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to be sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have implemented these enhanced protocols in order to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will now provide a list of screening questions for patients before all appointments, utilizing the Modento communication app.
- Our team will review this screening questionnaire at your appointment time and will be taking your temperature the day of your appointment.
- We will provide hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter our office and require that all patients wear a face covering.
- All staff will be wearing masks and clinical team will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- All staff will be screened daily for temperature or symptoms.
- Air Filtration units have been added to each operatory.
- As a reminder, Banner Dental offers personal and closed operatories in order to minimize aerosols within the office. Each operatory will be set up with the same sterilization standards currently in place for maximize patient and staff safety.
- We will be utilizing a virtual waiting room and ask that you contact our office via phone or text message once you have arrived for your appointment. We will be staggering entrance to the office to minimize contact with other patients and maintain social distancing.
- Only individuals with appointments are permitted within the office and we will only be able to have one patient in the treatment room at a time.
- Cancellations made with less than 48 hour notice will incur a $100 cancellation charge not billed to insurance.
We look forward to seeing you again and maintaining your dental health. Please contact us with any questions regarding our policies surrounding Covid-19 and the systems we will be utilizing in order to keep you and your family safe.
PH: (206)801-3900 | TXT: (855)573-7959